English and Activity Programmes
Donegal English Language School is based on the West Coast of Ireland on the Wild Atlantic Way. Our position in Ireland allows us to offer exceptional English language tuition with a range of outdoor activities to suit all interests and levels. We offer all-inclusive programmes in English and Riding, English and Surfing and English and Hill Walking. The programmes are designed to help you maximise your use of English, enjoy and improve in your chosen activity and gain an invaluable insight into Irish culture and way of life.
Who is this course for?
- Students who wish to improve their English while enjoying their favourite activity
- Students looking for the highest possible standard in accommodation
- Students who wish to explore the west coast of Ireland and Wild Atlantic Way
- Students who are looking for a warm and welcoming environment
- Students who are looking for a quality product at an affordable price
who want to learn about Irish culture in a fun and exciting environment.
What is included in the course?
- Full board and choice of accommodation*(needs translation, the others are the same as above)
- 15 contact hours of English per week(needs translation, the others are the same as above)
- 5 afternoons of your chosen activity(needs translation, the others are the same as above)
- No booking registration fee
- A welcome pack on arrival
- A social activity programme and cultural excursion each week*
- Local transfers to school and activities. No bus or train tickets needed
- A teachers report & certificate of attendance & achievement
- Free bike rental on a first come first served basis (host family)
- Free WIFI
- Free transfers from Ballyshannon
*Host family is full board Monday to Friday and half board Saturday and Sunday
English and Riding
Welcome to the English and Horse Riding programme with Donegal English Language School. With over 45 horses and ponies to choose from, we have the right horse or pony to suit your level and abilities. Why not combine your love for horses with a unique English language learning experience. Below is further information on the two all-inclusive English and Riding packages we offer.
Affiliate Riding Centre
The Equestrian Centre is AIRE approved. Facilities include:
-Some of the best riding terrain in the whole of Ireland including, a 10 km beach and 1000 sq acres of rolling sand dunes on our doorstep, mountain, lake and forest trails all within a short distance of the yard
-Indoor and outdoor arenas
-Cross country schooling course
-Over 45 horses and ponies to suit everyone’s needs
-Friendly and professional staff
Programme 1 – English and Riding Programme (17 – 22 years)
This programme runs June 07th – September 06th and includes accommodation, full board*, 15 hours of English, 5 mornings/afternoons riding, a social activity package including an excursion and evening activities
The horse activities on your holiday include:
– beach rides on our 10km stretch of beach, treks through our rolling sand dunes and mini trail rides, riding lessons, jumping, cross country for the novice upwards and horse care.
Programme 2 – English and Trail Riding Programme (22 years +)
This programme runs August 9th – 23rd and includes accommodation, a private room in residential or host family, board, 12.5 hours of English, beach and trail rides, a social activity package including an excursion and evening activities
The horse activities on your holiday include:
– half and full day trail rides along the beaches, mountains, lakes and forests of the Wild Atlantic Way, lessons and cross country(if requested)
The group classes are available to students of elementary level +. Students below this level must choose the one to one option.
Included in the fee for programme 1 is a shared room in residential or private room in host family. A private room in residential can be offered for an additional €70 per week. Programme 2 includes a private room in host family
If the number of students in English classes falls below 3 students a 2 hour semi intensive class will be offered instead
Most social activity fees are included in the price. Some entry fees are not included, you will be notified in advance of these fees.
An administration fee of €40 applies to all accommodation booked
Clients on Programme 1 ride around 1.5 – 2 hours per day with other time being spent on horse care. Clients on Programme 2 ride 2 – 2.5 hours per day and have one full day of trail riding (5 hours approximately)
While jumping and cross country are one of the riding activities provided, we do not offer training courses in jumping, dressage or eventing.
The horses provided are leisure horses & ponies, flexible and appropriate for activities offered.
Goals of a student’s riding week is to have fun on horseback, discover Ireland and improve English speaking