Adult English & Horse Riding
Welcome to the English and Horse Riding programme with Donegal English Language School. With over 45 horses and ponies to choose from, we have the right horse or pony to suit your level and abilities. Why not combine your love for horses with a unique English language learning experience. Below is further information on the two all-inclusive English and Riding packages we offer.
Affiliate Riding Centre The Equestrian Centre
AIRE approved facilities include:
-Some of the best riding terrain in the whole of Ireland including, a 10 km beach and 1000 sq acres of rolling sand dunes on our doorstep, mountain, lake and forest trails all within a short distance of the yard
-Indoor and outdoor arenas
-Cross country schooling course
-Over 45 horses and ponies to suit everyone’s needs
-Friendly and professional staff
Programme 1 – English and Riding Programme (18 – 22 years)
The English and Riding programmes includes 15 hours of English per week, choice of accommodation, full board in Host Family Monday to Friday and half board at weekend or half board in Residential Monday to Friday and breakfast only at the weekend, 5 riding sessions, evening activities, transfers to activities, certificate and teachers report.
Programme 2 – English and Trail Riding Programme (22 years +)
The English and Trail Riding programme includes a shared room in residential or private room in host family, full board in Host Family Monday to Friday and half board at weekend or half board in Residential Monday to Friday and breakfast only at the weekend, 15 hours of English, beach and trail rides, a social activity package. The horse activities on your holiday include: half day trail rides along the beaches, mountains, lakes and forests of the Wild Atlantic Way
– This programme is suited to riders with some experience only
– The group classes are available to students of elementary level +. Students below this level must choose the one to one option.
– Included in the fee for programme 1 is a shared room in residential or private room in host family. A private room in residential can be offered for an additional €70 per week. Programme 2 includes a private room in host family.
– If the number of students in English classes falls below 3 students a 2 hour semi intensive class will be offered instead.
– Most social activity fees are included in the price. Some entry fees are not included, you will be notified in advance of these fees.
– An administration fee of €40 applies to all accommodation booked.
– Clients on Programme 1 ride around 1.5 – 2 hours per day with other time being spent on horse care. Clients on Programme 2 ride 2 – 2.5 hours per day and have one full day of trail riding (5 hours approximately).
– While jumping and cross country are one of the riding activities provided, we do not offer training courses in jumping, dressage or eventing.
– The horses provided are leisure horses & ponies, flexible and appropriate for activities offered.
– Goals of a student’s riding week is to have fun on horseback, discover Ireland and improve English speaking.
Check out our Adult Accommodation and Adult Social Programme.
What is included in the course?
- A welcome pack on arrival
- 15/22.5 contact hours of English per week
- A social activity programme
- Local transfers to school and activities. No bus or train tickets needed
- A teachers report & certificate of attendance & achievement
- Free bike rental on a first come first served basis (host family)
- Free WIFI
- Free transfers from Ballyshannon