English and Work Experience
| Age 18+ | Arrival Day Sunday | Accommodation Residential & Homestay |
| Course Dates March – October 2023 |
The English and Work Experience Programme is the ideal way for students to further improve their English language level and gain experience working in an international setting. Offering a combination of English language classes and work experience, students will have an excellent immersion programme that will leave them with not only an improved level of English, but also a real life experience in a new European country. We support both Erasmus + and Alternanza Scuola – Lavoro
We offer work placements in the following settings
Hotel & Restaurants, Agricultural, Retail, Administration/Office Support, Volunteering, Care Worker, Education and Fitness
Who is this course for?
- Students aged 18+ years old and over.
- The candidate should be flexible, open-minded, hard-working, independent, flexible, and outgoing.
- The candidate should have a B1 or higher level of English
- Someone who is interested in other cultures and living abroad.
- All necessary paperwork is carried out by Donegal English Language School.
- Students must study a minimum of 15 hours of English to avail of the programme.
- Students must complete a simple C.V and online interview with the Course Coordinator before arrival to Ireland in order to allocate the student in the best possible work place.
- Work hours are decided by the employer and may include weekend work with time off during the week
- Students are briefed on their first day and prepared for entering the Irish work place.
- The student will get experience of real working life in Ireland while receiving valuable support with their coordinator.
- The English language training element of this programme begins every Monday March to October (except when a public holiday occurs on a Monday).
- Important * Work placement depends of level of English *Work times are decided by employer * All students will take a language course as part of the programme
Sample timetable of week one of the work placement programme
|Adults 9.15 am – 12.30 pm
|Excursion Option available most Saturdays
|Pre Test in advance of arrival
|2 pm – 6 pm
|Fairy Bridge Walk
|Traditional Irish Music Session
- Telephone interview may be required
- Course and accommodation organised to suit confirmed internship
- Course and accommodation details provided to student in advance
- Support and mentoring throughout internship
- Social activities organised
- Assistance with work, school or general paperwork
- 30+ Years