English and Work Experience
The English and Work Experience Programme is the ideal way for students to further improve their English language level and gain experience working in an international setting. Offering a combination of English language classes and work experience, students will have an excellent immersion programme that will leave them with not only an improved level of English, but also a real life experience in a new European country. We support both Erasmus + and Alternanza Scuola – Lavoro
We offer work placements in the following settings
Hotel & Restaurants, Agricultural, Retail, Administration/Office Support, Volunteering, Care Worker, Education and Fitness
Who is this course for?
- Students aged 18+ years old and over.
- The candidate should be flexible, open-minded, hard-working, independent, flexible, and outgoing.
- The candidate should have a B1 or higher level of English
- Someone who is interested in other cultures and living abroad.
- All necessary paperwork is carried out by Donegal English Language School.
- Students must study a minimum of 15 hours of English to avail of the programme.
- Students must complete a simple C.V and online interview with the Course Coordinator before arrival to Ireland in order to allocate the student in the best possible work place.
- Work hours are decided by the employer and may include weekend work with time off during the week
- Students are briefed on their first day and prepared for entering the Irish work place.
- The student will get experience of real working life in Ireland while receiving valuable support with their coordinator.
- The English language training element of this programme begins every Monday March to October (except when a public holiday occurs on a Monday).
- Important * Work placement depends of level of English *Work times are decided by employer * All students will take a language course as part of the programme
Sample timetable of week one of the work placement programme
|Adults 9.15 am – 12.30 pm||Excursion Option available most Saturdays|
|Pre Test in advance of arrival|
|2 pm – 6 pm||Work Experience||Work Experience||Work Experience||Work Experience||Work Experience|
|Evening Activities||Fairy Bridge Walk||Traditional Irish Music Session|
- Telephone interview may be required
- Course and accommodation organised to suit confirmed internship
- Course and accommodation details provided to student in advance
- Support and mentoring throughout internship
- Social activities organised
- Assistance with work, school or general paperwork
- 30+ Years