Junior English & Horse Riding Camp
Donegal English Language School welcomes you to the English and Riding Camp based in Bundoran, County Donegal on the Wild Atlantic Way. The camp is suitable for individuals traveling alone, with friends or groups. We welcome students from over 14 countries and would love to welcome you.
Ages: 11 – 17 year old
We also run separate weeks every summer for students who are 8-11 years of age. For more information, please contact us.
Students must have riding experience
The Equestrian Centre is AIRE approved. The facilities include:
-Some of the best riding terrain in the whole of Ireland including, a 10 km beach and 1000 sq acres of rolling sand dunes on our doorstep, mountain, lake and forest trails all within a short distance of the yard
-Indoor and outdoor arenas
-Cross country schooling course
-Over 45 horses and ponies to suit everyone’s needs
-Friendly and professional staff
The horse activities at our AIRE approved riding centre include:
Beach rides on our 10km stretch of beach, treks through our rolling sand dunes, lessons, flatwork, jumping, pony games, cross country for the novice upwards, pony games and stable management
– Clients ride around 1.5 – 2 hours per day with other time being spent on horse care.
– Students are offered instruction in riding and outdoor activities.
– While jumping and cross country are one of the riding activities provided. We do not offer training courses in jumping, dressage or eventing.
– The horses provided are leisure horses & ponies, flexible and appropriate for activities offered.
– Goals of a student’s riding week is to have fun on horseback, discover Ireland and improve English speaking.
Sunday only. Groups may be accepted on other days, please contact us for further details
From Dublin are €70 each way and transfer times are between 10:30am – 6.00pm. Arrival times are between 10-5.30pm. Departure times are between 11am – 6 pm.
From Knock are €50 each way for two or more and €95 each way for individuals
Group transfers can be organised from Dublin, Belfast and Knock airports. Prices vary depending on group size so please contact us for a quote.
Further information on:
We also offer a pony camp programme where the English classes in the morning are replaced by additional riding classes. Please contact us for further information.
What is included?
- 15 hours of tuition per week
- A tailor made English language programme to suit you
- Full board in residential or host family accommodation
- An actioned packed activity programme
- An evening activity programme and cultural excursion each week
- Local transfers to school and activities. No bus or train tickets needed
- A teachers report & certificate of attendance & achievement
- Free WIFI
- Free DELS bag